Sitater

Alt som ikke passer andre steder.

Topic author
Cola2
Donor
Liker gitt: 5039
Liker mottatt: 1549

Gordie Howe
I always tell kids, you have two eyes and one mouth. Keep two open and one closed. You never learn anything if you're the one talking.
Gordie Howe

:down: Dette ble for automatisk redigert inn i posten for å hindre dobbel post.
The first time I met Wayne Gretzky... he never said anything back.
Gordie Howe

There's always something in the game you wish you would have done different. That's why players improve, because they learn from what they did before. They might have been guessing before, but now they know.
Gordie Howe

Gordon «Gordie» Howe (født 31. mars 1928 i Floral i Saskatchewan i Canada, død 10. juni 2016[12] i Sylvania) var en canadisk ishockeyspiller. Han spilte profesjonelt for Detroit Red Wings og Hartford Whalers og ble den eldste aktive spilleren i National Hockey League da han la opp som aktiv ishockeyspiller i en alder av 45 år.

Meritter
Art Ross Memorial Trophy – 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1957, 1963
Hart Memorial Trophy – 1952, 1953, 1957, 1958, 1960, 1963
Lester B. Patrick Award – 1967
Utnevnt i 1971 til offiser i Order of Canada
Innvalgt i 1972 i ishockeyens Hall of Fame
Spilt i NHL All-Star Game 23 ganger
Gary Davidson Trophy – 1974
Spilt i WHA All-Star Game 2 ganger
Spilte i rekke med begge sine sønner før han la opp
Last edited by Cola2 on 31 May 2022, 03:19, edited 1 time in total.
post liked by: Blodfink

Topic author
Cola2
Donor

Always keep your composure. You can't score from the penalty box; and to win, you have to score.

Bobby Hull
When you are absolutely, positively sure you know all there is to know about anything, you're as far from the truth as you will ever be.

Bobby Hull
Every professional athlete owes a debt of gratitude to the fans and management, and pays an installment every time he plays. He should never miss a payment.

Bobby Hull
My former wife made me a millionaire. I used to have three million dollars.

Bobby Hull
post liked by: Blodfink

Topic author
Cola2
Donor

I was a multi-millionaire from playing hockey. Then I got divorced, and now I'm a millionaire.

Bobby Hull
I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie.
Brett Hull
It's best being a striker. If you miss five then score the winner, you're a hero. The goalkeeper can play a blinder, then let one in… and he's a villain.
Ian Rush
post liked by: Pink Final

Topic author
Cola2
Donor

Jaromir Jagr

You can't give up in any game, even if you are losing.
Jaromir Jagr

Every time I see you naked, I feel sorry for your wife.
Jaromir Jagr

For me, it is the worst kind of sacrilege if you are given some of special talent and you don't take advantage of this gift.
Jaromir Jagr
Special, Talent, Kind
18 Copy quote
All that matters is that you find a way to put the puck in the net. It doesn't matter how. I learned that from Mario.
Jaromir Jagr

I yell at the players if I don't like the way they are playing. But when they're playing well, I hug them.
Jaromir Jagr

I love to play for Pittsburgh. If they can't afford me, then I'd love to play in L.A. or New York.
Jaromir Jagr

I don't try to be anything. I just want to play my game.
Jaromir Jagr

Most people have friends, but no money. I have the opposite. I don't have a chance to talk to my real friends, the ones I've had since I was 5 years old. Sometimes I wish I could bring Czechoslovakia to America. Then I would be the happiest guy in the world.
Jaromir Jagr

There's probably a lot of people wondering if I can play.
Jaromir Jagr

You appreciate things after you lose them.
Jaromir Jagr

I know how well I can play. I don't mention myself with the other players. I mention myself with the best.
Jaromir Jagr

When I'm not happy, I can't play. That's just the way I am.
Jaromir Jagr

People judge you by the way you play in the playoffs.
Jaromir Jagr

Old people, don't watch it because you might die just watching it.
Jaromir Jagr

I'm not 21 and trying to prove something with my words.
Jaromir Jagr

Many European guys go to the N.H.L. at a young age, even without knowing English. But they quickly adapt to new conditions, another game, a new country. They are also young, receptive, can move mountains.
Jaromir Jagr

It's tough in the NHL; you have to produce on a high level. And everybody expects you to do it because you make a lot of money. And I never minded it. I always want to be that guy.
Jaromir Jagr

I'm trying not to be a kid all the time, but it's hard.
Jaromir Jagr

In the U.S., you have so many rules, everything's regulated and structured. When you make a mistake, you pay for it -a lot.
Jaromir Jagr

Russia has got to be the team to beat, in my opinion. When they are playing together as a team, they are tough to beat.
Jaromir Jagr

Crosby is a great player, but I'd have to say Ovechkin, who is also a great player but doesn't have the same kind of support, and who does something great on almost every shift.
Jaromir Jagr

If I was on a third or fourth line I would probably be in the NHL, because you don't have to produce every night.
Jaromir Jagr

You have to be a good team, but you have to be lucky and stay away from injuries.
Jaromir Jagr

"What Did Jagr Say?". Philadelphia Flyers Press Conference Transcript, www.hockeybuzz.com. September 17, 2011.

My goal was to play in the NHL, because that is the best hockey in the world.
Jaromir Jagr

Topic author
Cola2
Donor

George Best

If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging miss world, it'd be a hard choice. Thankfully, i've done both
George Best

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

George Best quote: In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst...
In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life.

Every team has a hard man. We has Nobby Stiles, Chelsea had Chopper, Arsenal had Peter Storey, Liverpool had Tommy Smith. Leeds had eleven of them
George Best

Pain is temporary, glory...lasts forever!
George Best

I'd give all the champagne I've ever drunk to be playing alongside him in a big European match at Old Trafford.
George Best

I used to go missing a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World.
George Best

Pele called me the greatest footballer in the world. That is the ultimate salute to my life.
George Best

I never went out in the morning with the intention of getting drunk. It just happened.
George Best

They say Paul Gascoigne is the new George Best but has he shagged three Miss Worlds?
George Best

Me and a mate picked up two darling birds and they took us back to their flat. I went into the bedroom with my bird and she started getting undressed. I was that drunk I was standing there wondering how to get undressed without letting go of the award. I went to sit on the bed, missed it by four feet and ended up lying on the floor. I remember the bird looking down at me, and saying, ‘Some player of the year.’ Then I fell asleep. I woke up still clutching my award and staggered out of the flat. I hadn’t a bloody clue where I was.
George Best

I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted
George Best

They told me I wouldn't make 25. Then it was 35, then 45. These were my doctors speaking - they're all dead now.
George Best

If I had been born ugly, you would have never heard of Pele
George Best

He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's all right.
George Best
"How George Best Became The World's First Playboy Footballer" by Richard T Kelly, www.esquire.com. June 5, 2016.

I've stopped drinking, but only while I'm asleep.
George Best

"Beating Them at Their Own Game: How the Irish Conquered English Soccer". Book by Patrick West, 2006.
If you make up your own mind, you can only blame yourself.
George Best

If you'd given me the choice of going out and beating four men and smashing a goal in from thirty yards against Liverpool or going to bed with Miss World, it would have been a difficult choice. Luckily, I had both.
George Best

People say I slept with seven miss worlds, I didn't. It was only four, I didn't turn up for the other three
George Best

I was in for 10 hours and had 40 pints - beating my previous record by 20 minutes
George Best

Cristiano Ronaldo's was the most exciting debut I've ever seen. There have been a few players described as 'The New George Best' over the years, but this is the first time it's been a compliment to me.
George Best

I definitely don't think that money can buy you love. It can buy you affection but certainly not love.
George Best

Love is about mutual respect, apart from attraction.
George Best

I must be the only person in the world who's looking forward to going into hospital. I can't wait to get it over and done with.
George Best

People say you have to hit rock bottom, and, I can tell you, almost dying is as rock bottom as it gets.
George Best

To call Keegan a superstar is stretching a point.
George Best

I was ill, and everyone could see it but me.
George Best

Everyone went crazy over Wayne Rooney, but I get more excited by Cristiano Ronaldo.
George Best

That thing about being an icon, the fifth Beatle, I just found it so freaky.
George Best

I want to be remembered for my football and the pleasure I gave people.
George Best

There isn't a single player I would pay to watch. A great entertainer needs to have charisma.
George Best

Maybe 'loner' is too strong a word, but I've always enjoyed being on my own.
George Best

Don't die like I did.
George Best

I will respect this liver. After all, it's not mine.
George Best

Robert Redford used to be such a handsome man and now look at him: everything has dropped, expanded and turned a funny color.
George Best

That's what children do - throw food. That's not fighting. We were real men. We'd have chinned them.
George Best

One day they might even say that I was another Ryan Giggs.
George Best

I don't recognize myself in the players I see today. There's only one who excites me, and that is Thierry Henry. He's not just a great footballer, he's a showman, an entertainer.
George Best

I always wanted more - more of everything.
George Best

"Been there, drunk that". Interview with Sean O'Hagan, www.theguardian.com. July 20, 2002.
You can't trust very many people.
George Best

I even found it difficult to watch myself playing on TV because I couldn't identify with the person on the screen. I couldn't get to grips with it. It was as if it was all happening to someone else.
George Best

I'm OK. Much better than on other occasions. It's true that I've made lots of mistakes but I've never tried to bother anyone. I want to stay alive, preferably in peace, without seeing every one of my mistakes in the papers, and on many occasions, even stories that are lies.
George Best

Even at the height of my fame, 50 per cent of the people who saw me wanted a fight; it’s the downside of being a star player.
George Best

I was born with a great gift, and sometimes with that comes a destructive streak.
George Best

When they first installed all-seater stadiums everyone predicted that the fans wouldn't stand for it
George Best

I'd have to be superman to do some of the things I'm supposed to have done, I've been at six different places at six different times.
George Best

My one big regret is that I didn’t play on for 10 more years.
George Best

He's not fit to lace my boots as a player.
(on Kevin Keegan)
George Best

Football is a sad game.
George Best

The best thing about being a dad? Well, I think it's just the thing that every man wants - to have a son and heir.
George Best
Last edited by Cola2 on 31 May 2022, 03:04, edited 2 times in total.

Pink Final
Manchester; football, music, fashion, industry, history
Liker gitt: 26218
Liker mottatt: 16748

George Best hadde mange fine sitater @Cola2.
Veltalende, godt utseende, snill og et fotball talent få har kunnet matche.

Sir Matt Busby om Jimmy Murphy da han hørte ham i Bari mot slutten av krigen.
“He had us all transfixed.
He was wonderful.
It was as if he had put everybody in a footballing trance.
It wasn’t a speech; it was more like a rousing sermon.
I visualized how good he could do for Manchester United”
post liked by: Pangaea, Cola2
Football Pink Final, Manchester’s saturday Pink - 1904-2000

Topic author
Cola2
Donor

Sir Alex Ferguson
1 av ?

Her er det mye å velge blant, blir nok ett par sider. :D

Hard work will always overcome natural talent when natural talent does not work hard enough.
Alex Ferguson

Only true champions come out and show their worth after defeat- and I expect us to do that.
Alex Ferguson

I've never played for a draw in my life.
Alex Ferguson

If you're going to be a footballer, be a great one. If you're going to have a dream, dream big.
Alex Ferguson

Promise is one thing. Fulfilling that promise is quite another.
Alex Ferguson

Attack wins you games, defence wins you titles.
Alex Ferguson
"Mauricio Pochettino's Spurs have balance to lay title claim against Manchester City" by Paul Doyle, www.theguardian.com. October 1, 2016.

Kindness is a universal language regardless of age, nationality or religion.
Alex Ferguson

The work of a team should always embrace a great player, but the great player must always work.
Alex Ferguson

It was the most emphatic display of selflessness I have seen on a football field. Pounding over every blade of grass, competing as if he would rather die of exhaustion than lose, he inspired all around him.
Alex Ferguson

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.
Alex Ferguson

I tell the players that the bus is moving. This club has to progress. And the bus wouldn't wait for them. I tell them to get on board.
Alex Ferguson

You start with what you believe in. I believe in building a football club rather than building a football team.
Alex Ferguson
Interview with Charlie Rose, www.huffingtonpost.co.uk. March 10, 2013.

They say he's an intelligent man, right? Speaks five languages! I've got a 15-year-old boy from the Ivory Coast who speaks five languages!
Alex Ferguson
"Sir Alex Ferguson's 25 years at Manchester United - in quotes" by Benji Inwood, www.theguardian.com. November 4, 2011.

There is no evidence that changing your managers repeatedly leads to success, but there is evidence at Manchester United, I was managing there for 26 years I won 38 trophies.
Alex Ferguson

Distinguish between power and control, delegate, be decisive - and always remember people's first names.
Alex Ferguson

When an Italian tells me it's pasta on the plate, I check under the sauce to make sure.
Alex Ferguson

As long as there are games to play its not over
Alex Ferguson

I remember the first time I saw him. He was 13 and just floated over the ground like a cockier spaniel chasing a piece of silver paper in the wind.
Alex Ferguson
Inspirational, Wind, Alex

Ronaldo could play for Millwall, QPR, Doncaster Rovers or anyone and he'd score a hat-trick. I'm not sure Messi could do it. Ronaldo's got two feet, he's quick, he's good in the air and he's brave, though Messi's brave too of course. I just think Messi is a Barcelona player.
Alex Ferguson

My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their f*****g perch. And you can print that.
Alex Ferguson

That lad must have been born offside.
Alex Ferguson

If he was an inch taller he'd be the best center half in Britain. His father is 6 ft 2 in - I'd check the milkman.
Alex Ferguson

If I have my health I can carry on. There will be a point when I do quit but I have absolutely no idea when that is.
Alex Ferguson
"Sir Alex Ferguson hits out at United fans' criticism of Glazers" by Andy Hunter, www.theguardian.com. July 28, 2010.

It's a horrible part of the game when you have to tell a player, probably somebody who has helped you win so much that his time is up. You treat them like family, and because they are your family it becomes even more hurting in the sense that you have got to say "well son, I'm sorry, you won't be a regular here, but you will still have a career elsewhere.' It's happened more than a few times but it is not an easy thing to handle.
Alex Ferguson

Go make your mistakes in the first team. You'll learn more in a month in the first team than you will in two years in the reserves.
Alex Ferguson

Pink Final
Manchester; football, music, fashion, industry, history
Liker gitt: 26218
Liker mottatt: 16748

Et av de mest ikoniske United sitat sett i ettertid må være fra Bob Bishop.
Uniteds speider i Nord Irland som fant Best, Mcilroy, Whiteside med flere.
I 1961 sendte han det nå så berømte telegrammet til Matt Busby om 15 årige George Best, I think i’ve found you a genius
post liked by: Cola2, Pangaea
Football Pink Final, Manchester’s saturday Pink - 1904-2000