Zidane Iqbal

Diskusjon rundt tidligere United spillere. Spillere som har tråder og som blir solgt fra klubben vil bli flyttet hit.

Topic author
red
Liker gitt: 2212
Liker mottatt: 4058

Zidane Iqbal

Født: 27 April, 2003
Hvor: Manchester, England
Nasjonalitet: Britisk, Irakisk
Høyde: 181 cm
Posisjon: Sentral midtbane
Fot: Høyre
United akademiet: Siden 2012
Debut: 8 Desember 2021, innbytter mot Young Boys i CL
Kontrakt: 30 juni 2025 (+1 som mulighet)

Så at et lengre intervju med han i GQ Middle East var delt på r/reddevils, og oppdaget at han ikke hadde noen egen tråd her!

Intervjuet: [link] Ikke det mest interessante (imo), da fokuset er veldig mye på bakgrunnen, og hans kobling til midtøsten/asia (kanskje ikke så rart). Men et par interessante sitater / utdrag:
In many ways, Zidane Iqbal is like any other 19-year-old. [...] However, the difference between him and most other teenagers is that he’s broken into Manchester United’s first-team squad and spends his days training alongside Cristiano Ronaldo, Casemiro and Marcus Rashford.

Born in Manchester – where he’s lived all his life – to a Pakistani father and Iraqi mother, Iqbal is a lifelong Manchester United fan. He joined the club’s youth setup aged nine, and is now on the cusp of breaking through to the senior first eleven. Although he made his debut last December against Young Boys – becoming the first British South Asian to play for the club, and the first British South Asian to play in the Champions League – his true emergence took place this summer during the club’s first pre-season under new manager Erik ten Hag.
Virker altså som om han nå er relativt fast på treningene med førstelaget. Bilder fra Carrington bekrefter også dette.
Apparently immediately impressed with Iqbal in training, newspaper reports claimed the Dutchman questioned internally why previous regimes hadn’t given him the chances he deserved.

His appearances during the tour of Thailand and Australia thrilled the club’s fans, who love to see one of their own make it at Old Trafford, and spawned countless highlights reels on YouTube, garnering hundreds of thousands of views.

A silky, press-resistant midfielder who plays in the ‘number eight’ role, Iqbal has superb close control, is comfortable in tight spaces, and looks to prise through opponents with quick, dynamic passing – much like older players he admires.
“When I was young my dad used to put a lot of YouTube videos of Zinedine Zidane on at home,” he says. ”Now, I look up to Frenkie de Jong, I think he’s a brilliant player. And Thiago from Liverpool. I know he’s playing for Liverpool but you can still respect another person and how they play – he’s beautiful to watch.”
Lurer på om det er Iqbal Ten Hag tenkte på når han i forbindelse med at De Jong avtalen ikke gikk igjennom, sa at "da får vi utvikle den spilleren selv". (Ok, kanskje litt ønsketenkning :hah:). Men jeg synes i hvert fall at det er litt interessant at han selv nevner De Jong som en av sine favorittspillere nå, når han tidligere alltid har sagt Zinedine Zidane.
post liked by: Pink Final, Pancho P, Can2