Sportslig apparat og struktur

Her kan man lage individuelle tråder for spillere og ledere i klubben.

Topic author
Pangaea
Liker gitt: 3806
Liker mottatt: 4789

Leste en del om dette i går, og det virker heldigvis som klubben har tatt en del steg i riktig retning i det siste, kanskje særlig under/av Murtough. Noe jeg kom over er en oversikt over "backroom staff" og en kort bio. Alt er ikke 100% oppdatert; "Chinless" Edwards er fortsatt øverst på pyramiden, men bortsett fra det ser det oppdatert ut, med en del nylige ansettelser listet opp.
https://trainingground.guru/staff-profi ... f-profiles

Denne artikkelen er 5 år gammel, så naturligvis neppe helt oppdatert, men det gir en oversikt over speidere i nøkkelposisjoner i ulike deler av verden. Så har de selvsagt en haug av folk under seg også.
https://trainingground.guru/articles/ma ... e-overhaul

Interessant sitat derfra, som jeg håper fortsatt stemmer:
A scouting expert told TGG: "This is a very strong set of scouts and the club clearly means business. It will take a while for them to bed in, but the list is incredibly impressive.

"Many of these people could have been head scouts in their own right. Mark Anderson was head of department at Brighton for example - a club whose network is phenomenal."

:down: Dette ble for automatisk redigert inn i posten for å hindre dobbel post.
Veldig interessant lesing her, og da er det vel bare å legge til Adnan på en meget kort liste av folk på RedCafe som det faktisk er verdt å følge med på. Litt av en transisjon vi da har vært gjennom i løpet av noen år. Selv om et navn der nede er kjent for oss... errr... ja :oops:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/so-whos ... t-28648705
-----------------
You're asking the pertinent questions and I can understood fans being sceptical about the club, when it comes to recruitment. But I think before we pass judgement on our recruitment structure in it's present state, we must delve into the past and attempt to understand the transition from Fergie to Moyes and the structure Moyes inherited when he arrived at the club and the development/evolution of this recruitment structure to the present day.

And it's well documented that Moyes inherited a structure on the football side that was severely lacking when it comes to detail and thoroughness in identifying players. We had one full-time scout (Jim Lawlor) and all the scout reports were stored in his head according to reports, instead of a database, which should've been the normal procedure at any club.

So Moyes attempted to rectify the recruitment issues by bringing in a very competent technical scout, called James Smith and also Moyes attempts to lure John Murtough from his role as the head of Elite performance with the Premier League. Smith arrives pretty quickly but Murtough doesn't arrive at the club until the end of 2013, beginning of 2014. Murtough's role is to restructure the whole setup from the scouting/youth/ data analytics to bring it in-line with the modern game.
Moyes loses his job in April, 2014 and Man City waste no time in poaching James Smith from us. And they (City) could do this to us because we didn't really have a structure on the recruitment side that could make use of multiple scouts and provide those scouts with optimal working conditions for them to excel at their work. Man City, Liverpool, Leicester etc could do this, and hence had better recruitment. And it wasn't because they were doing anything out of the ordinary either.

Murtough carried on with his duties at the club which were independent from the first team and the manager. And he had formed a strategy to develop the club at youth/structural/data analytics levels, which was beginning to take shape around 2016. We went through the LVG debacle because LVG made a mess of recruitment and was signing players like Rojo because they impressed him in a World Cup semi-final. And those were his words to MUTV after we'd signed Rojo. It was a complete and utter scatter gun approach to recruitment and decisions were being made by LVG on the basis of one game. The failure of the manager being the DoF was in full swing.

The Premier League proven Mourinho arrives, and again tells reporter's (Like LVG) that he's given a list of of targets to the board for them to sign for him. They sign various targets for him in the first few seasons, which include two CBs that are signed on the say so of Mourinho's independent scouts, according to Jason Burt of the Telegraph. Burt went on to say on TV (I posted the link at the time ) that every signing that was made during Mourinho's time at the club was his signing and his signing alone with the aid of his personal recruitment staff.

And in 2017, it was reported that United had completed the restructuring process when it comes to the scouting network, which included the data analytics team. And the following year, in 2018, a transfer committee was created with Marcel Bout, Jim Lawlor and Mick Court given veto power. And they were backed up by 60 full-time scouts, 300 casual scouts and the data analytics team. Which was a huge contrast from the time Moyes arrived at the club and we had a non existent data analytics department and one full-time scout. Below is what Daniel Taylor reported in 2018 about the transfer committee vetoing Mourinho and his targets.

Daniel Taylor: "Manchester United did not follow through with some of José Mourinho’s transfer targets because of misgivings about the players he had identified and a decision, from the top of the club, that he should not be allowed to get his way if it meant potentially wasting tens of millions of pounds on a short-term fix".

"To Mourinho’s intense irritation, United’s conclusion was that in most cases he had targeted defenders who were no better than those they already had and who, in today’s inflated market, could conceivably have cost upwards of £70m without vastly improving the team."

"United believe Van Dijk’s fee will not seem disproportionate within a year but, with the prices currently so inflated, the club do not want to pay similar amounts unless their targets are at a certain level – higher, plainly, than Maguire or Alderweireld."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...u ... cash-fears

Woodward confirmed the above in a interview with Andy Mitten.

I will return to give my opinion on your questions a little later.
post liked by: Pink Final

Topic author
Pangaea

Oi! Visste ikke at Mourinho var en så stor dinosaur. Enda verre enn jeg hadde inntrykk av fra før. Men det blir dermed bare enda et eksempel på at Solskjær gjorde gode ting for klubben "behind the scenes". I dette eksempelet er det heller at Mourinho var hjernedød heller enn revolusjonære greier fra Solskjær eller andre, men uansett viktig å få slike ting på plass igjen.

Dette kommer fra Adnan igjen på RedCafe, i samme tråd som før.
We had a sports Science department that was cultivated under Fergie and developed further by John Murtough, who has a back ground in Sports Science and developing clubs to collate data to improve Sports performance in the modern game. But unfortunately for us, Mourinho was allowed to dismantle the setup, which set us back until Solskjaer arrived. But I don't think it'll take long for someone of Murtough's background to redevelop the department if he hasn't already. There's a reason they call him 'The Fixer'

Below are the relevant quotes from the Laurie Whitwell article explaining what I've said above.

Laurie Whitwell: 'The sports science department that had been cultivated under Ferguson was largely dismantled by Mourinho, whose strategy instead leant heavily on interpreting player fitness for himself. Mourinho did not want “the tail wagging the dog” with support staff using data to advise on player fitness. He was determined to lead on appropriate selections".

"A special monitoring area used to conduct various tests in a non-clinical way, situated next to the first-team dressing room at Carrington and refurbished at the end of Ferguson’s tenure, was changed by Mourinho into a massage bay, with masseurs empowered more than the sports scientists were. A turnover in staff followed."

"Mourinho’s strategy is built around the tactical periodisation theory of Portuguese countryman Vitor Frade, who believed all training should be done with the ball, to replicate actions on the pitch. Long-time Mourinho assistant Rui Faria was a devout advocate of the model and as a key architect of United’s training he seriously limited gym sessions, reduced the input from strength and conditioning coaches and eschewed GPS tracking technology."

"At United, that shift away from statistical monitoring of player physiology meant gaps began to appear in the individual profiles that had been accumulated over time. This “performance intelligence database,” which could be used to study the development of key markers for endurance or speed, for example, took a number of months of successor Solskjaer’s reign to be properly replenished."

"After a dip towards the end of Mourinho’s reign, Solskjaer has gradually improved United’s ability to press their opponents further up the pitch, with high turnovers — defined as those within 40 metres of the other team’s goal — increasing."
post liked by: messilingard

Topic author
Pangaea

Herlig å se at vi ser ut til å være på rett vei. Mye som har skjedd allerede de siste månedene, og mer er visst rundt hjørnet. Men klart, det har sine negative sider også.

Erik ten Hag
Mitchell van der Gaag
Steve McClaren

Her er det seriøst potensiale for omtrent 82 ulike måter å stave navnene deres på! :rofl:

(tror jeg fikk det rett der, men jaggu ikke lett å være sikker :-| )
post liked by: Pancho P, Pink Final

Pancho P
Donor
Liker gitt: 12966
Liker mottatt: 8243

@Pangaea. Tippar at McClaren blir forveksla med eit visst Formel 1-lag framover😉 van der Hag og ten Gaag er det berre å gi opp med det same😅😅😅
post liked by: Pangaea, Pink Final
It's Squeaky Bum Time!

Topic author
Pangaea

Berre å bli vant med Erik van ten Klaren ja :joy:
post liked by: Pink Final